Good Practice Schemeby praxe2apHe2eSwa
Recognising commitment to quality
The BDA Good Practice Scheme is a quality assurance programme for UK dental practices. In May 2017 we were revalidated for our 15th year as a BDA Good Practice, having achieved Gold membership (which is the highest available!). We are proud to be in the first 150 practices in the country to reach this.
By becoming members of the Scheme, practices demonstrate a visible commitment to providing quality dental care to nationally recognised best practice standards. Practices taking part are kept up-to-date with current requirements in order to provide the best care for their patients.
By displaying the current year on the Good Practice Scheme plaque, our practice shows that Scheme membership is up to date.
As members of the Scheme our practice will:
carefully look at the service that is provided and compare it against nationally recognised standards of good practice for patient care
be assessed annually by the British Dental Association
regularly carry out internal checks on working methods
make the Good Practice Scheme commitment
The Good Practice Scheme commitment
To be part of the Good Practice Scheme all members of our dental team have made this commitment:
1. We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality for all patients
2. We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes
3. We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible
4. We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care
5. We follow current guidelines on infection control
6. We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find
7. We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date
8. We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year
9. We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints
10. Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines